Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have an additional E mail address that I am wanting to

Customer Question

I have an additional E mail address that I am wanting to use.
I have tried it out with test messages addressed to others and self (both E Mail Addresses) I receive the tests but apparently my correspondent is not receiving them
Am i missing some form of activation procedure?
My addresses are:
***@******.***
and the additional one is:
***@******.***
Can you advise?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you saying that you tried to send an email FROM this mermaid account in Gmail, and your other Gmail account (ardavidson2) got it, but the other persons whom you sent the test email did not get it?

If yes, did you receive any Failure Delivery Notification in your mermaid account? Failure Delivery Notification (FDN) are email messages that notify you if the delivery of the email was unsuccessful.

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no apparently all went through with no kick backs BUT my correspondent could not pick up the message
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for requesting for my additional service of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. These steps are intended for users with Windows computers. If you are using a Mac, please reply to me and let me know so that I can send you the procedures for Mac.

1. Please click on this link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=94503bb0-c738-47e9-bd92-641c91756ffe

2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button
3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.
4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.

Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I explained in detail in my original contact - do you not have it?I am quite willing for you to connect to my computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Yes, I got your previous reply but we can do the remote session now so that I can check your email account and settings further. I can also perform some tracing test to see if the fault is with your account or with your recipient's account.

Here are the steps to join me in the remote session:

(Ths is for Windows computers only. If you are using Mac, please let me know)

1. Please click on this link:

Best regards,
Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

To answer your question:

Since your other Gmail account was able to receive your test email, it means and we can conclude that this additional email is working just fine.

Since you have not received any FDN (Failure Delivery Notification), it also means that your test email was delivered and the ball now is on the receiving party. If the recipient's email server rejects the email from your additional Gmail account, you will also be notified indicating failure of delivery due to the recipient's email rejected your message.

Since you did not receive such notifications, few things happen here.

The receiving email could have delivered your email directly to the Junk or Spam folder. Please contact that other person whom you sent the test email and ask him/her to check his/her Junk or Spam folder. If your test email is there, please ask her to mark the email Not Junk or Not Spam so that your future emails to him will be delivered to your Inbox.

If he cannot find your email in the Junk or Spam folder, please give about 24 hours and see if you will receive and FDN, or he gets your test email.

Another unlikely thing to also happen is, your email could have been blocked by the recipient. I said unlikely because, if this email is not used regularly, then there is no way he could have blocked it.

I am still waiting for you to join me in the remote session.

Best regards,

Jess