Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Unable to send or receive email from Windows Live Mail.

Customer Question

Unable to send or receive email from Windows Live Mail. Shows message as follows:
Server error : 3219
Windows Live Mail Server ID: OxDE00005
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome Roger

Can you tell me please with which email service windows live mail is connecting to? eg: Hotmail, Gmail Yahoo?

Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Richard, I have now paid the initial £26 plus the extra £33 so lets get going. I now understand that the settings for my wifes old Livemail will no longer work and it has to be set up again with an IMAP setting.
Over to you - feel free to log in automatically to our PC.
R
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ive done what you asked but I could not see any ID or password
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

On the computer with the issue, please do the instructions I provided you, which I repeated below so I can connect

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Richard I don't seem to be able to get any further. the system keeps telling me that teamviewer is already running and asks me to close the application.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

this means Roger you have installed it and your trying to do the instructions I gave you a second time, not sure why you are, you only do the instructions once...

So now you have it running, click on it at the bottom of the screen to bring it up

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what link am I supposed to be clicking on?
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

No link Roger... you have now installed the program, so open it please and give me the ID and Password

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry about this but I am unable to get to the screen where the ID and password ***** ***** Is this something I have to set up or is it shown automatically?
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Roger, it is running now, look at the task bar on the computer. Blue icon with arrow pointing both ways, click it...

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is not showing on my task bar and there is no blue icon poiting both ways
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Do this please

Click this link, click I agree and run the file

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=a8f91467-f6c6-4074-a02b-c45fd774c55a

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Richard,Thanks for all your help. Not sure what you would like me to do next please let me know.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

If you can please write a quick review at the top of the screen, that would be greatly appreciated