Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  All type of email clients, microsoft, web based, linux
63493917

How can I clear a paper jam on a canonMG5650?

Category: Email
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

Oh man, i know what you are facing, and you have a bit of an issue.

The paper might have wadded up, and now as you pull, the paper just tears off....and it doesnt come out.

So...you may have to take some covers off, and maybe even have to unscrew some parts to get to the paper jam completely.

Give me just a moment to retrieve the Technical Manual, and be right back.

okay, so after review of the User manual, I have found that your printer only has an OPERATION PANEL that can flip open to gain access to the inside of the printer, and the ink cartridges.

The operation panel is your ONLY access to the inside of the printer.....without using tools to unscrew, and take the printer apart, but that is not a recomended action to take, as there are many many delicate parts that are easily damaged.

.

The only answer there is....is as follows:

1. Turn off the machine, and unplug the power cord of the machine from the power supply.
  2. Lift up and open the operation panel until it stops.

See image for how to open the operation panel and some cautions.

3. Make sure that the jammed paper is not under the print head holder.

If the jammed paper is under the print head holder, move the print head holder to the right edge or the

left edge whichever is easier to remove the paper.

When you move the print head holder, hold the top of the print head holder and slide it slowly to the right edge or the left edge.

See image below for visual aids.

If you just cant seem to get the paper out, or you just cant seem to get to the paper that is still left in the printer......then you should take it in for repair.....as there might be damage to a roller, or a spring, or somethign thatthe paper might have gotten caught on, and damaged it.

.

Please take a moment to rate my performance, or ask any follow up questions you may have.