Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Email Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

On 14 Sept. 2016 I set about using Amazon's 'Gift Card' and

On 14 Sept. 2016 I set about using Amazon's 'Gift Card' and voucher for the first time. At age 84 this was a daunting task and I'm afraid I made a mess of the procedure, necessitating this request for a refund.My first action was to add £50 to my Amazon TopUp, thinking that credit would be used to pay for the gift voucher I was about to order (Reference #202-5826124-3305947). That action was paid for using my VISA Debit card ...............6222.I then ordered a gift voucher and suitable card (Reference #202-1860871-3589158). To my surprise, that action was also debited to my VISA Debit card .............6222.Being unhappy with the way things were going, I repeated the order for the voucher and card (Reference #205-0111396-1693143). To my surprise I was invited to pay for that also, using my VISA Debit card ..............6222.By then, I was aware that I should perhaps quit this process, before getting any deeper.
As I was content with the both voucher and gift card, I printed both and posted them to
the intended recipient.It will be appreciated that this process has cost me £150, NOT the intended £50. I request
therefore that the orders placed by reference #202-5826124-3305947 and
#202-1860871-3589158 be cancelled and the cost thereof £100 be refunded.This request would not be complete without an apology for the trouble I have caused, together with a suggestion that the process for using an A/C TopUp to pay for a gift voucher should be fully explained to avoid the elderly getting in a muddle.Message ends.
Category: Email
Expert:  Chris L. replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 9 months ago.

Have you contacted amazon directly about this issue?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I thought my email was to Amazon direct.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think so but I can't remember accurately, due to memory problems associated with my age.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 9 months ago.

Ok can you confirm though that you made a purchase through of a gift card through the amazon site that you would like refunded? I just want to make sure we go to the proper place to get your refund.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The purchase was of a voucher and accompanying colourful card.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My wife has just called me down to lunch! Alright if I go?
Expert:  Chris L. replied 9 months ago.

Yes that is fine. When you have a moment go to the following page https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=502564&type=email&skip=true

Next under where is says select an issue choose "cancel or change an order" Next choose the phone option which will connect you to customer service who should be able to look up the details and refund any additional money you paid.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 9 months ago.

Send me a message when you are back and I will connect to your computer and try and help with this

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am back and have found the way to send an email to Amazon Customer Service. Now that has been done and an acknowledgement received, I shall end our conversation and rate the help I have received from you. Goodbye Chris and thanks very much for your assistance.
PS I have also tried https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/he… but was re-directed to Amazon Home page.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 9 months ago.

If they cannot sort this for you please let me know. You can reply back to me at any time and I can further assist if you need more help.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks Chris for the offer to take up the cudgels again, should that prove necessary.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 9 months ago.

You are very welcome.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am satisfied that Amazon have this matter in hand an that a full refund is in the pipeline.
I shall therefore end this conversation. 'Bye.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 9 months ago.

Brilliant. I will now close the question. If you do need help with this at a later date you can always return and reply and I will continue to help.

Thanks,

Chris