Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

My emails I send to my colleagues on my company domain keep

Customer Question

My emails I send to my colleagues on my company domain keep bouncing back because they are seen as spam. If I send a one-word email the bounce back version has pages of letters and numbers attached which I did not add.
My provider 123-reg says
they would recommend adding a SPF record to your domain alanharpercomposites.com with the value: v=spf1 mx a ip4:94.136.40.163 a:mailex.mailcore.me -all.
Naturally I do not know how to do this and as my other users don't have a problem
I am happy to let you see the bounce back if need be - Alan
Category: Email
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 7 months ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you as quick possible.

I would like to accept your idea to please first show me the message of the bounce back, so that I can help you more effective.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience: 17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ihave used this e mail address for 5 years and thsi problem only started two weeks ago

Dear Client,

thank you for requesting a remote-assistance, I´ve accepted your request. To start the remote connection, please download AnyDesk at:

http://download.anydesk.com/AnyDesk.exe

...start it (double click on the "AnyDesk.exe") and reply to me with the 9-digits number which is displayed in the AnyDesk window.

Then I can connect to your computer and you just have to click on "Accept" once you see my incoming connection (AnyDesk will notify you when this happens). I will then try to fix your problem together with you.

If you have problems or questions with the setup of AnyDesk, please just let me know and I would be happy to help you.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I run apple Macbook always have problems with Windows

No problem, if you have no Windows available (in case your Mac is dual boot, that would help, since the problem would be easier to fix there), it´s the same procedure, just instead of the EXE link, use:

http://download.anydesk.com/anydesk.dmg

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I dont have version 10:10 on my apple only 10.8.5 of OSX
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Why dont you simply log on to my e mail account and review the bounce back email content .
My email is
*************

OK, sure, give me a few minutes to observe it. Please make sure to enter such details via the special field for entering private contact informations, since the question will later on be published at Google and everyone can read your login details. For what you´ve just posted, I´ve got it and will login, but have asked my moderator to remove it quickly.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK thanks, ***** ***** it once we're done

May I ask, how do you retrieve your emails, is this via webmail or via Outlook or something else?

Yes, no worries, you can´t change it anymore, but the moderators will remove it quickly usually.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I use the 123-reg window and no other

Great, please send me the web-address for where you open your emails (exact address, please copy it from your browser).

(because as I understood, you are accessing it via your browser, not Outlook or any sort of desktop-email-program, is that correct?)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
https://webmail.123-reg.co.uk/login/
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Look at incoming
Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender from yesterday

Thanks, ***** ***** see it, give me a few minutes to test a few things.

Is 123-reg.co.uk also the hoster of your domain alanharpercomposites.com ?

I mean, have you purchased a complete solution from them, including the registration of the domain and the actual web hosting? Or is this with several providers?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have run MacKeeper completely and my laptop is clean.
Yes 123-reg hosts my domain
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
all my staff and web page is on 123-reg
alanharpercomposites.com
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
this has been fine for last 4 years

Thanks a lot. However, to all these emails, there seems to be a strange file attachment called "blob", let me decode it and see what that is. That might be causing the SPAM filter to tag your emails as SPAM.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am sure the attachment is the problem but no idea how to get shot of it

I´ve just decoded it, it´s just your company logo. (I´ve attached it). That should not be the problem. Let me investigate further.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Remember it is only on my email not my colleagues at same domain. Also if I use a different computer it does not get attached ????
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it is the signature ?

Yes, I´ve attached the file you, have a look above, it´s just the signature. Let me investigate that further... would I be allowed to send some test-mails to***@******.*** ?

(from your account)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
send test mails to me as I can see them and so can you . I did thsi beforte and they would not go through but you can aslo copy them to Jacqueline but its 4 in the morning here !!!

If you have time, I do, it´s 5 in the morning here actually, I am from Germany and by the way, nice to meet you Alan :) What I´d like to try it to provoke a bounce from***@******.*** on my own, is that OK?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
fine and sorry to keep you up

No, all good, I am night owl, I work till 8 in the morning usually, haha:)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Good I didnt get you in the day time then

You would have got another expert then :)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
But would they have been so good as you ?

Nooooo ;) Of course not;)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You see its bounced

I am getting the bounce too, so it has nothing to do with your Mac, so we can mark that as "checked" already. Trying a few more things now.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can I save a transcript of this to put before 123-reg help ?

I´ve sent one without the signature now, let´s see what happens now. I want to find the actual cause that triggers their SPAM-filter at first.

If you want, sure, you can access that question anytime, even public can access it, you can give them that link later on:

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/email/9yb36-emails-send-colleagues-company-domain-keep.html

(That´s the reason why you should not post any passwords here in the chat, but via the special field to enter private contact informations)

Do you notice? The second test email did NOT bounce when I removed your signature.

At least, not YET. So it might simply be your signature picture that is causing the SPAM filter to trigger. Now I need to find out why that is, give me a few minutes and I will see what is wrong with the picture.

Oh, the bounce just came in:)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
but I tried that before and it did not work but maybe I didnt do it but thought I did it . Ive been pulling my hair aout over this for 11 days

So even without the signature and just the simple wording I´ve used for that email, it would bounce back.

Don´t worry, we will get this fixed in some way or another...

I´ve just sent an email to me from your account and have received it just fine.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks . It is a shit of a problem for me and I must get it sorted
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Exactly
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Doesn't that mean the 123-reg domain and my e mail account is somehow screwed

I´ve just replied to your email address from my own one, let´s see if that comes through or if the SPAM filter triggers this way around.

Just a sec, let us walk through these things for the moment, so that we can exclude most of the things and nail it down to the root-cause. Then address that!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK

OK, my email back to you, with your own signature attached, just arrived in your inbox, see it?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

So all these problems just actually ONLY apply to your internal email accounts. If you mail to the outside or the outside to you, it´s all fine, right?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
absolutely correct

Great, and I´ve just confirmed that as well, so it clearly has nothing to do with your Mac.

Now, what happens if *****@******.*** sends an email to you? Does it bounce back to her too?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No all my colleagues e mail to me seem to work fine
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Its the other way round its screwed and I cannot e mail my team
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have control as admin on my domain email addresses on 123-reg control panel

OK, that´s what I just wanted to ask, can I get access to it?

Something is absolutely odd there.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the e mail associated with the control paney is ?? hang on I will e mail you OK

Please don´t paste the password ***** enter it only via the "private informations" field.

Great, got it :)

Yes, thanks, ***** ***** already working on it, give me a few minutes please.

Can you view the mailbox *****@******.*** somehow?

She should just have received an email from you:)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
not unless I wake up my wife ???

Haha, no, don´t :) All good, I´ve sent her a new test email and it did not bounce back yet:)

I think it´s fixed:)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Or change her password ***** the cotrol panel . You can do that if you like
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Shall I call you a genius now or when you are 101% sure

I think it´s not needed, I´ve found the cause. The SPAM-Filter in the control panel was set to EXTREMELY strong. I´ve lowered the level to value to 50% now instead of close to 100%!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Why could 123-reg support not find that ?

Still no bounce yet, everything should be good again now. Just still strange why, even at such a high setting, it would let in my external email, but tag your internal email as SPAM. This makes no sense at all in any case and you can go and blame 1-2-3-Reg for that. Their own mail-server is tagging email as SPAM which comes from their own mail-server internally, while not tagging my external email as SPAM, which would be a lot more like to be SPAM compared to your internal email, which just included the word "test".

However, lower the value of the SPAM-filter, did the trick for your internal emails to your employees.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it makes no sense but is what has been happening

Exactly! You can find that setting here (maybe bookmark it for the future):

https://www.123-reg.co.uk/secure/cpanel/cp/mailboxes/edit_spam_settings

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
are we done ? I need to copy transcript of this . I presume the link you gave me will allow ?

Of course, lowering the SPAM-filters trigger level, will also let in more real external SPAM. So what you could do today if you have some time, is to slightly raise both SPAM-faders in the control panel towards "strong" and save it. Then send an email from your account to your wife´s account again and see if it gets through. If so, raise the faders towards "Strong" one step more again. Then try again. Repeat that, until your emails to your wife are tagged as SPAM again, then go back one level and you will have the ideal value for filtering the most external SPAM, but not your internal emails anymore.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will retain your e mail for future as I am very greatful and impressed with your help

Thanks for the kind words :) And yes, we seem to be done, the email did not bounce back yet and it has been sent 10 minutes ago already....

Your wife should see it when she logs back in and then you can try the procedure I´ve outlined above to still get the best SPAM protection.

But it´s kind really sad that the 1-2-3-reg support would not have mentioned that SPAM filter settings page to you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ill write a review on this and give bonus ?

Hehe, only if you want, you don´t need to do anything, it was a pleasure to help you:)

And sorry for my somewhat messy English, I guess:)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you Lorenz . Have a good sleep after 8 this morning . Alan

Thank you for the kind words Alan and I am happy that we could fix your problem! If you have any questions in the future and would like to work with me again, please enter them in the format "For expert ComputerVauck ONLY: Question ......." at the following site:

http://www.lorenzvauck.com/

It´s best if you bookmark the site directly in your browser.

I wish you a great time, lot´s of success for your company and remain until next time with best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

P.S.: And of course, I won´t forbid you to write a review or give a tip, I am of course always happy about that, but totally understand if you will not as well, no worries please!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Your .com link does not work ?

Try again with this one please:

http://www.lorenzvauck.com/