IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

The calendar facility disappeared from my Thunderbird email,

The calendar facility disappeared from my Thunderbird email, and I saw an add-on for a calendar, and despite other people saying that it froze their programme, I downloaded it.
Since then I have been unable to access the programme, and it says it will send a report to Thunderbird.
How can I access my emails, please
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I use Thunderbird. My operating system is Windows 7. I would rather not have you accessing my computer.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I can continue assisting you.

To confirm, when you click on the Thunderbird icon, it won't open at all?

Let me know,
IT Miro

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Every time I try to open Thunderbird I get a Mozilla crash report. It says that: We're sorry. Thunderbird had a problem and crashed.
I gave my email address, for Mozilla to reply to me.I have the option to quit, and every time I quit it says that my report has been sent to Mozilla. I just want it to open.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Oh, I see. The crashing happens most likely because of the incompatible add-on you recently installed. I am sure everything else works just fine. Since you cannot start Thunderbird in standard mode in order to remove that incompatible add-on, you can start it in Safe Mode and disable all add-ons. That should help solve the crashing problem. Here is how to do it:

1. Press and hold down the Shift key, and while still holding, click on the Thunderbird icon
2. A new window should appear saying Thunderbird Safe Mode. Check the "Disable all add-ons" check-box and then click Make Changes and Restart
3. Thunderbird will restart and will disable all active add-ons. It should then work as before

Let me know if it worked for you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Dear Miro:
I did what you suggested, and I am back into Thunderbird.
Thank you so much. Well worth five stars!
Gerald
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

I am very glad it helped solve the problem!

If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.

You can now rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Regards,
IT Miro

IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional