Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am having problem with my mail incoming, none arriving I

Customer Question

I am having problem with my mail incoming, none arriving I have changed my passwords and the only acc not able to access is***@******.*** forgotten password ***** do not need this acc can you advise?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Doreen, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Are you using a computer right now to chat with me?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you help by email or chat this way just paid the bill.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I can help you in this chat mode though remote access is a better option in this case.

Are you using a computer right now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Is the problem happening in the computer? Or in your phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the computer. the phone is separate and not sync with the computer. avg on phone and email passwords have been changed on all accounts but emails still not coming through. had the phone factory reset.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok so the problem is on the computer not on the phone. Now, what email program are you using in your computer? Is it MS Outlook 2016? Windows Live Mail?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ms outlook is the account with the problem.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

So your problem email account is***@******.*** and you are using MS Outlook in your computer. Is this correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

And the problem is because you have forgotten the password ***** this account. Correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no. the password ***** been changed and the new one written down on paper, but this doesn't seem to have changed anything. i can get into all of the accounts, but no emails are reaching me on my hotmail account and other people on my contact list were recieving emails from my account that i never sent, ones asking to send money, etc.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for that clarification. I believe your account was compromised.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check the problem from the webmail end and from your Outlook and fix them while you watch?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
other than remote access, what are my other options (please take no offence, I only want to know all the facts before I make a decision)? would simply deleting the account and using a different email as my main one also eliminate the problem or not?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Are you sure about the deleting of the account option? Since you are using MS Outlook, if your email account was hacked, even if you delete the account from your MS Outlook, the hacker can still use it since he could have gained access to it. The only difference is, you will no longer know what the hacker is doing with your account since you deleted it from your MS Outlook.

If you are referring to the Hotmail account itself, you cannot do it in MS Outlook. You need to sign in to the account using the web browser and then delete the account from there. This will eliminate all the hassles the hacker caused you though, but all emails and contacts stored with that account will be gone as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am referring to the Hotmail account itself as I had to change the password ***** logging in through the web browser. however, I am subscribed to all sorts of newsletters, etc. that come into my email. reestablishing all the contacts wouldn't be just tedious, but a huge job. also, i don't know for certain whether the hacker is completely into my MS outlook or just the hotmail. it may just be better to allow the remote access.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, remote access will be very helpful so that I can directly check your MS Outlook or your browser if they have caused theses issues as well.

I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Doreen,

Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. These steps are intended for users with Windows computers. If you are using a Mac, please reply to me and let me know so that I can send you the procedures for Mac.

1. Please click on this link:
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=4a00a535-395b-4d3a-8e7e-b956e64db77e

2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button
3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.
4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.

Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using a Mac computer, sorry for the extra trouble.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Since you are using Mac, please follow these steps:

1. Please click on this link:
https://join.me/
2. In that page, please click on the orange "Start meeting" button
4. After downloading, double click on the downloaded file to run the remote access tool to join me in the remote session.
5. Then share your screen and then give me the 9-digit code that you will see in the small JoinMe window. I will be waiting for the 9-digit code.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, am I required to create an account with join.me to do this? there is only that option on the screen.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

No need to create an account. You just need to download the remote tool and then run it. Share your screen to get a code and then give me the code.

However, if you are locked into creating an account, then you can do it then. You can create an account with JoinMe for free.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the page only offered the one-time use option after it was refreshed just now, give me a moment
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

This link will be helpful:

http://help.join.me/knowledgebase/articles/149032-start-a-meeting-on-a-pc-or-mac

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
935-990-111
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Please give me a moment. Connecting now.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Doreen,

Thank you for your patience. All issues were resolved through Secure Remote Assistance. You should be able to receive emails this time.

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess