Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I can't access in my hotmail account

Customer Question

Hi i can't access in my hotmail account***@******.***
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Hi Fisnik, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues with your Hotmail. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac or a smartphone to access your email?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm using smartphone
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I forgot my password
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Are you using a computer right now to chat with me? Or are you using the same smartphone?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Smartphone
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

I checked your recovery options for a chance to reset the forgotten password ***** you have a mobile phone number on record. Do you still use the mobile phone number ending in 57? If yes, then please tell me the last 4 digit of that mobile phone number.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm not using this mobile number
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
7057
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't have this number now
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you. But you are no longer using that mobile phone number now?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

If you dont have this number now, is it possible that you can have this mobile phone anytime soon?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How to access in my hotmail account now
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How to change my number in hotmail
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Is it possible that you can have this mobile phone anytime soon? I am asking because there is no way to change your recovery phone number at this point because you need to be LOGGED IN to your Hotmail to do that.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
But I lost my number
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What i have to do now
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately, if you lost that mobile number, the only way to recover the account is by submitting the recovery form. Please follow the link below:

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx?

Follow that link and then you will see that the only option for you is through that old mobile phone. Just select the option that you do not have that phone anymore, then you will be redirected to the recovery form where you can tell Hotmail and convince them that you are the owner of the account.

This form is your next best recovery option. This too needs another email account where they can contact you for the results of the recovery.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I use this link but never give me the code
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Tu another email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

No, your account does not have a recovery email where they can send a code. The other email that you provide to them will only be verified, which means they will send you a code and then enter the code there, to ensure that you can be contacted in the said email for further recovery instruction by Hotmail.

If after entering the other email ensuring you entered it correctly and yet you don't get a verification code, please check the Junk or Spam folder, the code could have been sent there.