Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

The calendar on my Apple computer freezes and sends me a

The calendar on my Apple computer freezes and sends me a message saying "The server responded with an error." The only way of exiting is to Force Quit Calendar, which is now effectively useless.
The problem has clearly come about since I tried to attach a Hotmail email to a recurring appointment. When I open the Calendar the email sits frozen on the top of everything other than the error message.
I thought the problem was to do with the Apple software, but they tell me it's a Hotmail problem they can't fix.
And ideas for a solution would be very welcome.

Hi there David and welcome

First, is this occurring within Apple Mail? Or another mail program such as outlook 2016?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure. can you advise me how to get the answer for you? (I simply access Hotmail through the icon on my MacBook Air)

Can you describe the icon you click please?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get the message "The service is unavailable"

on which step?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When
I clicked on the link www.teamviewer.com

ok, the site is running fine, can you restart your Mac and try again please David?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
shut the computer down completely and then restart it?

yes please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
exactly the same thing has happened again. Clicked on the link. Delay. Then message "The service is unavailable."

ok, go here

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5117-teamviewer-for-mac.html

Click Download Now on the left, then Installer and it should download from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm being asked to download a digital calendar. Should I do that?

no, you clicked the wrong thing, on my link click installer, on the top left, in Blue, above Host and Quickjoin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It?
've now got a screen with options SignUp or Download. Which do I wan

it will just start downloading the file...

Not sure why we have these difficulties, but I am going to upload the file for you.

1 minute.

I uploaded it for you

Click on this link

http://ge.tt/3uh1tVf2

Click Download on the left, and it will start downloading the file

Then run it please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a message has come up saying this file contains a virus or malware

no it does not, I can guarantee you that, it is direct from www.teammviewer.com

What you are seeing is a warning on the site NOT TO upload any viruses or malware, it is a standard terms and conditions, when you read it you see this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do I do now?

Then run it please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've clicked download.Precisely what do I do to run it?

Click the file you download to run it, like running any file on your Mac David.