Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

Return visit about Linux Mate Thunderbird login for Computer

Customer Question

Return visit about Linux Mate Thunderbird login for Computer Vauck.
Category: Email
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not able to logon
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 3 months ago.

Dear *****,

I hope you are doing fine and see you have a further question about your Thunderbird. Please let me know how I can help this time and in what relation you are not able to logon (email or Thunderbird itself) ?

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Tea again! I did as you suggested and thought that would be the matter but it did not work. I had re-installed Thunderbird and there was a little note saying that 0 Bits of hard drive had been used by the new program which made me think all the process had done was to top and tail the software leaving the body unchanged. I did some browsing this afternoon particularly in the Thunderbird folder only boot and sbin files were changed on Sunday. I tried down loading from Mozilla and got lost. Let me know if connecting to my computer would help.

I hope the tea was great and yes, I can connect to your Linux Mint if you wish so that we can have a look at this. But before I sell a remote-assistance to you, may I ask: are you familiar with installing .DEB packages? Because we will need to install AnyDesk to your Linux Mint. If so, please download:

http://download.anydesk.com/linux/anydesk_2.5.0-1_amd64.deb

install it and let me know if it starts-up fine and gives you a 9 digits number or "@ad" address in it´s main-window.

Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am afraid I am not familiar with .DEB,what is it?

It´s just a program-package that includes the AnyDesk application. Please just download it and then double-click on it and see what happens, it should ask you to install AnyDesk, if it works.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have installed it.

Great! Please start it and let me know if it show you a 9 digits number or "@ad" address.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No digits or @ad

How does the main-window look?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Witch is the main window. I have several. Launcher application or chose application

I mean, what happens if you launch / start AnyDesk?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I get these windows

Which windows? Can you possibly show me a screenshot please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am sorry, i CANNOT GET THE SCREAN SHOT TO LAUNCH

OK, no problem. What happens if you start AnyDesk? After installing, you need to start it now.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I cannot find AnyDesk. I confused the launcher with the installer.

After you´ve clicked on the AnyDesk DEB-file, did it install fine or what exactly happened?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
As-far as I can remember, nothing.

OK, it seems we are going in circles at the moment and the problem is, that I do need to leave for the next few hours. Would you mind if I forward you to another expert in the meantime?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Perhaps yes. But I am getting tired so perhaps tomorrow, at a time you chose. Thank you very much.

Yes, we can also do that, the problem though is, you can´t get AnyDesk installed it seems and I don´t know how else to explain it to you. But without it, I can´t connect to your Linux either. So we are stuck right now it seems.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Actually I found AnyDesk already installed. I will look around in the morning.

Oh OK, can you start it and does it show you the 9 digits number or "@ad" address? If so, that is the address I will need to know, so that I can connect to you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Right

Ok, can you already let me know these?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will do my best to find them.

OK, just let me know :)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My Anydesk number is###-##-####

Good evening Charles,

I am sorry; I just came back in, because we had DSL outage here for the last hours. It´s great to see that AnyDesk is running now! In this case, I can now make you the offer for the premium-service (remote-assistance). I didn´t do that earlier (as mentioned), since I first wanted to make sure that I can actually fulfill the service (Anydesk working at your computer). So let´s go ahead and once you´ve accepted the offer, we can begin.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz

Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience: 17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have Anydesk front page up and running

You were quick, thank you! I will connect now...

Good Evening again,

thanks for the nice remote-assistance. To get the connection started for your Windows on Sunday, please just download

http://download.anydesk.com/AnyDesk.exe

and start it by double-clicking. Then it will show you a 9 digits number or "@ad" address, just like on your Linux and you would need to tell me that number.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck