Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

I have lost all my e mails and would really like to speak to

Customer Question

I have lost all my e mails and would really like to speak to someone on the phone. Is it possible to give me a phone number. I am not very good with technology so can't follow written instructions easily. My email address is***@******.*** do hope you can help
Category: Email
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 year ago.

Dear *****n,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you as quick possible.

What I´d rather suggest in your case, is a remote-assistance to solve your problem. This means that I can directly with your computer and have a look at your problem with the lost emails. Before we do this, can you just quickly let me know if you are using Windows or a Mac? Also, where have these emails been, within a email program like Outlook or do retrieve them via a website?

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a computer. My e mails were on my Apple I pad

Thank you for letting me know. How did you open your emails on your iPad? Via a web browser?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was hoping for a telephone conversation with an expert. If this is not possible I would like a refund of the money I have paid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will someone phone me on the above number please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please ring me on my contact number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what to do now. Waiting for a phone call. If this is not possible please finish this enquiry and refund my money

Thanks for your patience, a phone call won´t get us far, as I would need some details about your iPad instead and how you´ve opened your emails. But I can do it if you wish.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would prefer a phone call as I don't know what a browser is!

Yes, I totally understand, I will call you in a few minutes, I am just having a cold at the moment and have a problem with my voice, that´s why I´d prefer to directly connect to your iPad instead, to be able to really help you (that is also what you´ve requested - a remote assistance - and paid for already). Would that also be acceptable for you? Are you able to open the App Store from Apple on the iPad?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try my App Store but if no use I would prefer to speak to you

Yes, sure. Please go to the App Store and find the app:

TeamViewer QuickSupport app

Install it and let me know when you´ve done so please. This will also be helpful if we do a call, so that I can see your device.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have installed the Team Viewer Quick Support app and my ID is856353974. Hope this is of some help in restoring my e mails

Thanks for install the app, can you please make sure the number you´ve posted to me is absolutely correct? It seems to have a typo somewhere.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID is###-##-####this is what I thought I had sent you

Is the app currently still active and showing you exactly that number? Because I get the message that you are currently not connected in Teamviewer. I suppose your iPad has an internet connection, as you are currently communicating with me from there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A the app has been installed and th ID is the same as I have given to you twice. My I Pad is connected to Wi Fi. Please ring as this is taking so long and I haven't had my dinner yet!

No worries, I will give you a call now and we will hopefully find out, also haven´t had my dinner yet:)

I am having an issue with calls to the UK at the moment, as it seems (I am calling from Germany). I will try to fix this quickly. How long can I reach you today? Maybe you would like to get your dinner first?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Waiting for your call. Please ring soon as I have a lot to do tonight. results of Strictly on at 7.15 so can't talk then!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ring between 8 and 9 if possible

OK, I will do my best! We can also continue tomorrow if that is better with you? I am available each day.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to sort this out tonight as I am busy most of tomorrow. If this is not possible I want to cancel this search and have my money refunded

I can call you now, but please note that this involves costs for me as well. You are talking about getting a refund all the time and the problem can most likely not be fixed that quickly as you think as it sounds rather serious and since we can´t seem to access your iPad with Teamviewer for whatever reason, this will be even more difficult. So I am asking: are you sure you want to get into this with me or not? As I would not like to waste phone fees and time while you might want to get a refund already now as it seems. Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My battery is too low now for any more communication. Must recharge it so will end this transaction. Please refund money paid and I will try another source. If you can ring tonight it might be helpful. Thank you for trying to help.

I am absolutely willing to help you, but you must understand that lost emails are a more serious issue and you have to have a lot of patience and also some good experience with your iPad until we get this fixed via phone. That is why I want to rather initiate a remote-assistance with your device directly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like a refund of money paid for this service as I will try a local shop who may be able to help. Thank you for trying to help

Thanks for your message and I understand, but do not think you have to go somewhere local to fix this problem. If you could just describe me, how you´ve opened your emails in your iPad and what happens now when you try to open them, we could solve this for you efficiently and step by step.