Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I recently allowed my iMac to upgrade to OS Sierra, which

Customer Question

I recently allowed my iMac to upgrade to OS Sierra, which also gave me Photos instead of iPhoto. I managed to import images to create a slideshow working in a in a similar way to iPhoto. I also accepted a recommendation to subscribe for additional iCloud Storage and let it take aboard a number of folders from my Mac Drive, including Documents and perhaps my photo library?
Now i have discovered that I cannot take photos with my iPhone because all (or at any rate a large number of) those images I imported to Photos have invaded and filled up my phone storage.
How do i stem this migration? I have a hundred thousand images (stills and video clips) in my iPhoto Libraries; and if I continue using Photos I would expect to import this sort of volume.
Files imported into my iPhoto Libraries arrived, and were subsequently "added to" slideshows in strict chromo;ogical order. I have noticed that with Photos, video clips arrive in the Slideshow out of time with the Stills; and, worse still, I have even found cases of them resuming the wrong position AFTER I have moved them to the correct position on the Timeline.
Can you, please, help me configure my System to correct these undesirable consequences of the new Softwares.
Category: Email
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi Brian,

You will need to unsync your iPhone with Photos if you want to stop the migration.

To do this, open iTunes on your Mac, connect your iPhone, go to the Photos tab, and select what you want to sync or unsync.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------