Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

When using Yahoo! Mail on my lab top using Windows 10 I have

Customer Question

When using Yahoo! Mail on my lab top using Windows 10 I have the following two problems
1.Yahoo! Mail downloads OK . Then after about 2 minutes it shuts down and then Yahoo! Mail reloads again. After this second reloading it continues OK without further shutting down.
2.Often when I send the same e-mail to several people and I use contacts(I have manyof these in groups) I click action which tells me to click send e-mail to contacts BUT NOTHING HAPPENS. I have to send the e-mail indivually to each contact which is time consuming, B ryn Rees
Category: Email
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Hi Bryn,

It sounds like the software is buggy and likely to have some compatibility issues with Windows 10.

Is there any reason your not using webmail via yahoo.com or Windows Live Mail?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have always used Yahoo! Don't know what webmail via yahoo.com or Windows Live Mail is. I am 86 yrs of age but have used computers for the last 20 years If i found out what these are would it be a problem for me to tell all my users (650 people) of my new web site
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

The contacts you e-mail do not need to be notified, it would be entirely seamless to the recipient.

If you go to mail.yahoo.com and login with your e-mail and password ***** can then compose and read e-mails, all within the web page and without installing any software.

Have a look and let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for the information I will do this but I can't do it today will let you know what happens. I don't understand how emailing my 650 ontacts would be seemless as at the moment I would have to put in all there address into an emal.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
with reference to you answer to my questions I did as you suggested and found that www..mail.yahoo. com produces the programm THAT I M USING WHICH IS GIVING ME THE PROBLEMS. COULD YOU NOW SUGGEST WHAT i DO.
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Byan,

Are you told to download a program when going to the website or are you able to just use the website, there is a significant difference between using a website and a program when it comes to sending emails.

Once I know which your using I can better advise you.

In terms of e-mailing 650 contacts, you add the contacts in the TO field and click send, from a recipient perspective it makes not difference they will receive the e-mail and need not doing anything different.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I suggest download the programme from Goggle Chrome. hat is TO files?
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

You can access yahoo without downloading any files when you login there is an option for webmail.

Log back in using the link above discard any options for downloading anything and just navigate to the option for webmail, where you can send and receive e-mails from your web browser.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
but I am doing this and I am getting the same programme which I told hou above has these problems what do I do?
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

It sounds like we will need to do a remote session where I can securely connect to your PC and you can show me the issue.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No I can't afford £17 if you can't answer my query on line forget it!
I my not be clear as to what is happening but the my Yahoo mail programme is not operating in the way I suggested at the start of my query. It is the staandard Yahoo mail programme which I have been using for years and only in the lasst months it has devdeloped the problems I give you. Byrn
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Hi Bryn,

Unfortunately the question is undervalued and as such unable to assist you, I have passed the query to customers services to refund you as requested. Since to get to the bottom of this you will require remote assistance.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks Yes I would like an answer. In James final comment he says my question was undervalued what did he mean by that?
It certainly wasn't undervalued my me It was very important to me and still is.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. The Expert meant that the price offered on the question is not enough to compensate Experts for the time required to resolve the issue.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Continue to find a professional as I have got a problem
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and refund your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request, as per our satisfaction guarantee.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
In view of your difficulty of not being able to find a technician I think it would be wise for your to refund me my money.