Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

I have changed my password because you locked me out it

Customer Question

I have changed my password ***** you locked me out it worked for 2 days now I'm locked out again
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please the message you now get when you try to sign in?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry Richard I'm on my main computer and being rubbish I don't want to lose you but it says something like it doesn't recognise my password ***** email etc. On my ipad it says you are not connected to the internet (which I am) and on settings asks me to re enter my password, when I do the answer is - Invalid password ***** try again
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Thansk

Can you tell me the part of your email address after the @ symbol?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
btinternet.com
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

If you now attempt to reset your password, are you able to?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
On the ipad - same message - Invalid password ***** try again. Incidentally I have changed my Yahoo passwo0rd around 3/4 times over the past few months, works for a while then locked out and I have to reset. This time tho' it seems every few days!!
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok, but Yahoo is different

Change the pasword here

https://register.btinternet.com/cgi-bin/load_page?page=/selfhelp/pwdRst_username.html

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ive changed it but I could do that myself, what I want to know is whats the matter with yahoo not me
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Now try to sign in, tell me what happens please.

I want to see if it now blocks you please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
not checked this computer but yes my ipad has just downloaded 18 messages, whats happening - do I change to gmail or something?
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

It will have been due to suspect traffic and usually they will remove this after a few resets.

How many times has this happened?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Twice over the last 3 days, now 3 times. I have inserted the correct password ***** each occasion. also the only person who has access to my account is me., I cant really remember possible a couple of months before that but my daughter has also been locked out this morning on her phone. Cant give you any more details on her.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Ok, click on this link and tell me what your IP is

www.whatismyip.com