Shefin
Shefin, Internet and Email Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I bought an Envy HP 5540 printer over a year ago and I

Customer Question

I bought an Envy HP 5540 printer over a year ago and I hardly ever use it but it doesn't print properly. It is too light and cuts the words in half. Could you recommend someone to fix it for me in the Brighton - BN2 3AY area. Not too expensive please. Thank you.
Category: Email
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I am a 61 year old woman and I am not technically minded and I am worried I can't fix it myself I thought I was asking for someone to fix it for me. I can't print out documents because the print is too light and cuts the words in half so you can't read it properly. Someone has put a plug in the printer to connect to my laptop but it hasn't helped the situation.
Expert:  Shefin replied 19 days ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
How do I open the machine without breaking it - I told you I am not technically minded. I am not happy at all. How can I fix this? You've charged me £20 for this.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
How can you do this remotely - when you want me to clean it?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ho.w do I open the printer without breaking it? I am definitely not happy at being charged £20 for this
Expert:  Shefin replied 19 days ago.

You will not be charged without getting the issue resolved. Could you please read and follow the instructions in the link below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-5540-all-in-one-printer-series/5447939/model/5447940/document/c04727119

I can access your computer remotely and help you clean the printer, however you will be charged additional for the service. Please try the instructions and let me know the result.

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have tried going through the instructions with HP Envy 5540 pressing the buttons on the printer but it is still not printing properly. The top half of the words are missing. It said to clean the ink cartridges with bottled water I haven't got any in the flat. So that is one thing I was unable to do. All the other instructions I was able to do but still not good. How much have I been charged for this inadequate service? I wanted someone to come to my flat to fix it. I am not technically minded - I did what I was asked to do.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I spoke toCustomerearlier and the problem is not resolved. I am not happy. It is an expensive fix if it is not satisfactorily resolved.
Expert:  Shefin replied 19 days ago.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Have you tried the instructions in the link I have given?

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I told you I am not technically minded - the link on my phone means nothing to me. I don't know what it means. I press it and then nothing happens. I would like a refund as my printer is still not working the top half of the words are not printing and I wanted someone to come and fix it - it does not work for me by email instructions. I wanted you to recommend someone to come and visit that why I went through Currys where I bought it from. Then I got your page. Not happy at all.
Expert:  Shefin replied 19 days ago.

If the issue persists even after following all these instructions, I would suggest you contact a local technician. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

Customer/p>
Expert:  Shefin replied 19 days ago.

If you have charged, please contact our customer support to get a refund. You can contact them from the link below.

http://ww2.justanswer.co.uk/en-gb/help

Customer/p>