Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

I have an Yahoo email account but unfortunately I cannot

Customer Question

I have an Yahoo email account but unfortunately I cannot remmenber the code ,in order to transfer my emails from my I pad to my new iPhone SE . I have been struggling for 3 days trying to work out a solution but with no suces. Can you help please?
Category: Email
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
When willI get my answer. You have received my payment and I do not have an answer yet!!
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 27 days ago.

You should be able to us the following link to reset your password ***** access your account:

https://login.yahoo.com/account/challenge/username?authMechanism=secondary&yid=&done=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2F&s=QQ--&sessionIndex=QQ--

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I have tried this before repeatedly before your suggestion but it does not work at all because as soon as I put my email address and press continue I then have acode to fill in with the missing numbers and ‘‘tis is exacte.y what I cannot remmenber and why I contacted you and pay for. Your suggestion is totally useless for me.

Unfortunately this is the only method Yahoo provide.

When I try this, it asks for my post code, phone number that sort of thing - would that work?

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
No it does not ask for my post code or phone number but just to complete the unfinished number serie

OK my Yahoo BT email gave a different response but I tried a dummy Yahoo email and get the response that you do.

The missing digits requested were that of a mobile phone number, so that an account key could be texted to me.

Is that the same as you get?

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Dear Ricard
How do I get over this problem? The serie starts with 08 Which is definare,y not a mobile number. In Uk they all start with 07.

I don't think we're going to have any success with recovering the password ***** Yahoo.

However, it might be worth trying Apple iCloud Keychain which adds the usernames and passwords to all your Apple devices. See here for details:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204085

It's not something I've used myself but might be worth a try.

Best Regards,

Rich

Expert:  Richard Hill replied 25 days ago.

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

Expert:  Richard Hill replied 22 days ago.

Do you require any further assistance?

Best Regards,

Rich