Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Forgot skype password. My skype was registered with own

Customer Question

Forgot skype password. My skype was registered with own email and password ***** somehow got mixed up with my hotmail and became an app on my hotmail account. I can access my hotmail but cannot reset skype password ***** cannot access skype accountSkype support requires login
I put my question in more detail on answers.microsoft.com but no one answered and I could not locate my post the next day
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 28 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

When were you last able to sign into your account?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
The last time logged into skype must hAVE been 2-3 months ago. Have email on my own domain and pASSword, but felt slightly annoyed when skype got connrcted to my hotmail. Never bothered to decouple it,.I just knew my password. Now after 2-3 months not using skype I cant reset my password. I can log into the hotmail though.Skype support needs password ***** give support and answers.microsoft.com did not give me answers plus I could not find my post the next day
Expert:  Richard replied 28 days ago.

Ok, so what happens now when you try to sign into the correct account?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I sent you a message just now responding to ur question about how long I did not use it. But after sending I cant see it
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
to do it please, remote not needed.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
will still get paid
Expert:  Richard replied 28 days ago.

what happens now when you try to sign into the correct account?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Well I have a username and password ***** skype -the email address is on my own domain not hotmail.
But it migrared to hotmail. If I try to reset the skype password ***** asked me to
"please enter your microsoft account" sp I enter my hotmail not skype
If I keep already logged into hot mail and try to send my self a password ***** for skype I just get
:"You are already logged in" and thats aLLI cant find the setting in "my account" of hotmail to decouple skype-maybe there is such a setting
Expert:  Richard replied 28 days ago.

It wont migrate, you just have two accounts.

first, sign outt of Skype

Tell me when you have

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
please wait,,,
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I am, already signed out of skype. I just signed out of my hotmail as well
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I signed out of skype and hotmail
I typed my old email address to which the skype account was registered
I got "this microsoft acct does not exist
so i typed my username to request prd reset
Expert:  Richard replied 28 days ago.

What is the email address you are using?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
my email to which skype acct was registered is***@******.*** in working condition
my skype = milliemachine3
my hotmail is***@******.***
Expert:  Richard replied 28 days ago.

ok, so***@******.*** is the one you want to use for skype correct

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Correct
Expert:  Richard replied 28 days ago.

Ok, it does not exist, so it appears to have been closed down, but you will have to use this hotmail account moving forward sorry, I checked but nothing exists anymore for this account sorry

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
is the skype closed down-it has money on it and its skype to go is still working
is the skype closed down or that old email address??
Expert:  Richard replied 28 days ago.

The Skype account for that address has been closed sorry, it is very possible you used another account? As they only close when there is no money on the account.

But you need to move forward using this hotmail account sorry

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
hello, is my skype still there but linked to hotmail? If so how to get the password ***** please
Expert:  Richard replied 28 days ago.

Ok, it seems you missed my last response?

I will repeat

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I have at least still for at least 5 pounds on my skype userID milliemachine3, and it shows as linked to email address***@******.*** which was the case when last used it 2-3 months ago, I used my skype to go even today from my mobile-its a number -local- so you can call from mobile inclusive landline minutes to overseas numbers.
My skype is showing as existing for the username not that old email address
Expert:  Richard replied 28 days ago.

yes, you need to sign in using the hotmail account as***@******.*** does not exist sorry