Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Email Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

Microsoft Account Security Code 8175766

My name is ***** *****. Microsoft Account Security Code(###) ###-####***@******.***. I am normally resident in Francistown Botswana and been in Southampton UK since Wednesday 8th November. On Friday 3rd November our home in Francistown was broken into and my Acer laptop stolen. IP address 2.217.208.82 Android device. The incident was reported to the local police but no chance of recovering the laptop. I am in the process of purchasing a new device but anxious to recovery my Windows 10 which was registered to me. Please could you let me know if this is possible?
Category: Email
Expert:  Chris L. replied 24 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. I am sorry to hear your laptop was stolen. Are you asking about your windows 10 license key or microsoft office?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I would like to restore everything that is registered to me , so yes, Windows 10 and the Microsoft Office
Expert:  Chris L. replied 24 days ago.

Well if you buy a new computer with windows 10 you are going to receive a new license with that. Were you planning on installing windows 10 yourself?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 24 days ago.

If you need to reinstall office and you did purchase that and register online you should be able to redownload it on the new computer you get by logging in at the following site:

https://products.office.com/en-us/download-back-up-restore-microsoft-office-products?tab=ForPC

If you have licensing questions you may want to call the licensing department at 0344(###) ###-####and let them know what happened.

As far as windows 10 goes though, that license is stolen just as the computer was. They may be able to deactivate that license but you would need to call the number above. However buying a new computer with windows 10 is going to give you a new license anyway so I wouldn't worry about that too much. With office you should be able to log into your account at the link I gave you and download it and use it on the new computer.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Thanks for your help Chris. I will proceed with the information you have given me. In need I will contact you again next week.
Have a good weekend.