JamesI
JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has experience in a wide range of e-mails clients from Outlook to Lotus Notes and Webmail.
75967336

The red clock sign is showing in the display panel but

The red clock sign is showing in the display panel but nothing is recording and I can't get anything to record. How can I get rid of the red clock sign please, as I assume that is what is preventing further recordings being made?
Category: Email
Expert:  JamesI replied 22 days ago.

Whats the make and model of the DVR

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Panasonic DMR-XW380
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
That's all there is!
Expert:  JamesI replied 22 days ago.

Just looking up the spec now.

Expert:  JamesI replied 22 days ago.

The red clock icon in the bottom right of the display states a program is setup within the timer.

For the timer record function to operate the DVR needs to be in standby.

Can you confirm if your having issues recording by pressing the record button, rather than using the timer function?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
In short, no. No problems at all until today.
Expert:  JamesI replied 22 days ago.

Right, go in and cancel the scheduled recordings.

You can do this by press the PRG/Check button on the right hand side of the remote, select the items showing in the list then press the DEL button on the left hand side (below number 7) of the remote.

Then proceed to record and let me if the clock is no longer showing, and if you can now record.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Done that. Red clock still showing. Still cannot record.
Expert:  JamesI replied 22 days ago.

Ok it suggests the software has become corrupt.

The only option I can suggest is to do a factory reset, which will wipe all content on the DVR.

With the DVR on press SETUP on the bottom right of the remote control, navigate to Other and press OK.

From the list provided choose Initialise press OK, followed by selecting Shipping Condition and pressing OK.

Once complete please go back into the DVR and see if you can record.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
thank you. That worked fine. I have recorded two programmes successfully.
Expert:  JamesI replied 22 days ago.
Glad everything is now working, so I can close the case please rate the service using the star rating on this page