JamesI
JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has experience in a wide range of e-mails clients from Outlook to Lotus Notes and Webmail.
75967336

I have two configuration issues with Contact 7 plug in. It

I have two configuration issues with Contact 7 plug in. It used to work and now it doesn't. I don't know how to fix them. I can't write code so can't understand the explanations given for what to do.
One is -Sender email address does not belong to the site domain. - and the other is - There is a possible empty field.
I set the Contact 7 page up using a template, Can I go back to that and sort this from there? If so, how?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will you be able to reply soon?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you can do that. Tell me what you need to do.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I haven't done this before and so are unfamiliar with how it works. I do want to go on with the service. Do you work at weekends? I am going offline now.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I still have not had an answer about this - unless the email to say that you can't help is an answer. Can you tell me how to get help with Contact 7 plug in?

Sorry for the delay, I have only just been passed this question.

The first error means the e-mail address the form is sending the content to has a domain name different to that of the website eg. www.mydomain.com being the website and the e-mail being***@******.***

The second issue, suggests you have a mandatory field on the form which is not complete.

Please provide the URL of the form your getting the error with.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
http://janestrother.co.uk/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpcf7&post=570&action=edit
This is it I hope.

What is the send to e-mail address your using currently?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

The e-mail address needs to end with @ janestrother.co.uk

Is there another contact page and the main one lets me send an e-mail without an error.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't know. I don't use an email address like that!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not sure that I know enough to be able to give you the information you may need, What is weird is that I have used this contact form for two or three years without any problem so I must have set it up right initially.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
NOt sure what you mean., I do not have another contact page

Ok when I go to the page here, I can submit the form without issue where are you seeing the error?

http://janestrother.co.uk/contact/

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not receive the email at***@******.*** which is what I set up initially and have used for co
uple of years.

Ok and is that the e-mail which is setup within the form and the send to address?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it is

Ok the constraint on your hosting platform is the e-mail address used to send the form content must be the same as your domain name, so you need to login to 123-reg whom ever is hosting your e-mail side of things and get that to forward all content to your outlook account.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Oh, I see. I can't think why though since I was using it before. I mean I have only set up the form once, using that email. I'll phone 123. Thanks

No problem, once you get them to point all e-mails to your outlook account you can then setup the form to point your form to***@******.*** and that should let you get your e-mails.

My guess is the hosting company has added this new constraint to help stop spam.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. I'll see how i get on.

No problem.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am happy enough with James. I am not so happy with the result but I have not had a chance yet to contact 123 and ask them to sort the problem for me. I still have the problem ! I will get back if I can after I have spoken to them.