JamesI
JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has experience in a wide range of e-mails clients from Outlook to Lotus Notes and Webmail.
75967336

My Facebook account has been hijacked. I can see my Facebook

Customer Question

My Facebook account has been hijacked. I can see my Facebook account when I search online, but the email address on the account is not mine!
How do I remedy this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Good evening Errol, sorry to hear your having issues with your Facebook account.

So I am clear, are you able to go to Facebook and login using your e-mail and new password?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
No. I am unable to access the account because the email has been changed.
Expert:  JamesI replied 29 days ago.
Ok first thing is to notify Facebook, go to the website here https://www.facebook.com/hacked
Then click the button saying the account is compromised and fill in the form, come back to me if you have any further questions
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
James. I've not only been hacked. I am locked out of my account. According to a message received from Facebook, the email on the account has been changed.
I replied to their email but got no response.
Expert:  JamesI replied 28 days ago.

Ok so when you go to enter your e-mail address in the 'Find account' section does it say no account linked to your e-mail, have you also tried using your mobile phone number?

Expert:  JamesI replied 25 days ago.

Just wanted to follow up to see how you got on, and if you need anything further?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
He also replaced my telephone number.
I try contacting Facebook on their security email, but got no response.
Expert:  JamesI replied 25 days ago.

Ok when an e-mail address is changed on facebook, as in your case by the hacker, Facebook will have sent you a message saying your e-mail address has been changed.

If you havent deleted that e-mail (or its still in your spam) you will find a link in the email to revert the account back to your e-mail address.

So start by seeing what e-mails you have from Paypal.

Expert:  JamesI replied 12 days ago.

I havent heard from you in some time, do you need anything further Erol?