13262538

Is there a difference between a Cafcass Full section 7 Report

Customer Question

Is there a difference between a Cafcass Full section 7 Report and a initial Analasins and recomendations report/ Final analasis and recomendations.
Does one take longer than the other to prepare?

I think there is a differnece Full section 12 weeks Analasis and recomendations 6-8 Am I right
The Initial Analysis and recommendations is prepared prior to the first hearing (or should be) and is designed to identify any safeguarding concerns and address the issue of what further reports may or may be required.
A "Wishes and Feelings" report (no longer often used) takes about 6 weeks and is designed to allow the CAFCASS officer to ascertain the Wishes and Feelings of the child involved
A Full section 7 report takes at least 12 weeks and involves (or should involve) a full investigation of the current position and the appropriate way forward
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A court ordered a full section 7 report and allowed 16 weeks for it

What I got was named a analysis and recomendations. It was done in three weeks and I got no house visit and the child was not seen.

I understand the simple 6 weeks w and F.

I know a limited w and f are done in a full section 7 but I have had neither.

I'm confused

Every CAFCASS report has an analysis and recommendations - even if they are interim - however it cannot be a full Section 7 if the child is not seen UNLESS there is a good reason fro doing so
What explanation was given for this omission?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There has been no reason. I waited for four moth for this report and Cafcass are recomending a simplw wishes and feeling now and I don't understand why when they had the chance to do it as part of the Full section 7.

I feel they don't want to address the issues and if the other party get their way with this the child (6) will be influenced. I have always wanted the reason for lost contact discueed in court and wanted to put my possition in the section 7 report and they have never even used my statement.

If I knew they had not done a full cection 7 then I would have an argument. I could say they have not done as the Judge asked.

So who DID the officer speak to?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Only the other party and the report was full of their wishes and feelings I never got a chance,

When was the full report ordered?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have had one Judge order a full report and then the next jusge said to cafcass you have not addressed the issues go away do an Addendum on the issues. The next thing that was served at court was a Possition statement and cafcass had gone to see the child done a w and feeling that no judge has ordered. Said the child does not wasnt to see Granma. ut I have an email from Cafcass saying the child said she would like too.

I informed the court and they have given me a full 3 day hearing to discuss the Cafcass reports and the issues bui the worker who has supplied the reports I want to challenge has resigned and no one will e there to explain why they keep recomending a w and F when two jusges have said NO. They have gone ahead anyway and left out of the lasr report the child said yes I want to see grandma.

I have a tel record where the worker involved said she does not think a full section 7 appropriate in this case!!!. Is that why she never contacted me to get my possition.

So you see if there is a differnce between on report and the other I can show she has not done as the Judge Ordered.

To be honest they have me going round in circles

Is this about contact only - and how old is the child?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Contact only. I Amelia is eight now, I reported my daughters father in law for eing inappropriate with her. SS acted and my daughter was told to suprvise her in this mans house tomake feel comfortable. Amelia did not like him going near her. So as a punishment I have not seen her again. This is the issue I wanted discussing in court and I will now.

Cagfcass are now saying the new family can be orded to send me a picture once a year !!. I brought he up for the first six years of her life and no one seems to care.

Cafcass say she is so happy with her new fanmily and doing well at school. A change in her circumstances may upset her. What aout taking her granma out of her life she has known for years.

They say you should report allergations and concerns. People want to talk to me.

When is the next hearing?
Claire