29905560

I' m employed by my local council as a duty supervistor. We

Customer Question

I' m employed by my local council as a duty supervistor. We originally had 4 posts but the council restructured and now have 3 :Front of House Manager& 2 Assistant Front of House Managers (my role). The 3 roles work 2 out of 3 weekends instead of 2 out of 4 now. The front of House Manager does the rota. He has now given myself and my colleague nearly all of the evening shifts and himself only 2 of the evening shifts in any month period. He claims that the General Manager wants to see him during the day.Each day that I work I have to start and finish at a different time in a calender month.I had to apply for this "reasonable alternative" or be forced to resign. Redundancy was not offered.In all the contracts, regular evening shifts are necessary. I have tried to reason with the Front of House Manager stating that the shifts were not fairly distributed as I have no work-life balance anymore. I have not signed my contract for this "new - enforced role" (or resign) although I am working the shift pattern. I am not asking for day shifts only that the rota is fair for all 3 of us and that my shifts are the same start time.(EVERY DAY IS DiFFERENT). If, when I was told to apply for the new role, that I would have to work almost every evening (i have just done 7 shifts in a row) OR that my shift rota would start and end on a different time EVERY calendar day, then I may have decided not to even apply for this role and be forced to leave - but then surely this "new role" would not have been deemed a suitable alternative and then redundancy should have been offered.  Contract states hours of work include regular evenings, wkends & bank hols.I think it is completely unreasonable to start each day with a different start time.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to be able to assist with your question today. Please let me know how long you have worked there?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

7 years - permanent member of staff

Expert:  taratill replied 4 years ago.
Hello I see that my colleague has opted out, do you still want help with this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am very confused now. What do you mean opted out? He asked me how many years I had worked for this company and I replied 7, then I was told that I would received an answer in 15 minutes - that counted down and no reply., Now you are replying? What exactly have I paid for? Yes, I still need a response please.

Expert:  taratill replied 4 years ago.
Hi the previous expert decided that he no longer wanted to work on the question. I do not know the reason why.
Can you please tell me when these changes came into effect and whether your role (albeit with a different shift pattern) is the same?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, the changes came into effect 3rd dec although I have not yet signed my contract and my role changed from Duty Supervisor to Assistant Front of House Manager with a new job description. The terms and conditions are the same other than one sentence stating that "regular evening, weekend, and bank holidays and 24 hour call out duties" would apply.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hallo, can you please give me a time estimate on when you are able to respond to my question. Thank you.

Expert:  taratill replied 4 years ago.
Hello sorry been involved in a tribunal the last few days. I will respond this morning.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please advise when I can expect a response to my initial question. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please advise when you will respond as you mentioned above that would be on 7th February.My question was submitted on 2nd. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
I was told I would expect a reponse on 7th Feb, then the laywer closed my question-still unanswered. Surely, if you are unable or chose not to answer, you should inform the person.The first guy opted out, which I would have been unaware of until the second solicitor took the question and still no response.I am not very happy.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Do I have to keep relisting my questiuon every 24 hours?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
I keep relisting my questions but no one seems to be answering me - been ongoing since 2nd feb!!!