29905560

I am currently working on the cross rail project. and I just

Customer Question

I am currently working on the cross rail project. and I just took a 7 working days bereavement leave for my brother death who passed away. My borther was looking after my mother who is 80 years old and just got out of ICU. Only two days before my borther’s death I submitted my resignation so I can go look after my older mother and my last working day was determined to be 12th February.
Just last week end on 1st and 2nd of February I was admitted to Royal London Hospital for severe kidney pain. And the CT scan revealed 8 large kidney stones.
The removal of the kidney stones require 3 procedures and the earliest dates are 13th, 20th and 27th of February which are after my last day at work.

I spoke to HR regarding Bupa Coverage and they advised me that since the procedure is after your last day at work then BUPA does not cover the costs.

This is so un fair, can they do that?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Have you spoken to BUPA? Is this excluded under any conditions in the scheme?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes and they stated that I am covered only as long as I am employed only. but my medical situation happended while I was in service?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

So are they saying that their cover ends partway through the treatment?

What exactly does the scheme booklet say about a "course of treatment"?

What are the ramifications if BUPA do not uphold the claim?