Experience:  30 years experience as a solicitor.
31090051

I am self employed and i was sent a contract by a company to

Customer Question

I am self employed and i was sent a contract by a company to work as a trainer on a two week event.
The specific role and hours were not clear so i emailed and received the answer.
I added these answers to the contract and also my conditions of payment and cancellation.
I signed the contract and sent it back.
Three weeks later I started work and during the first week i was asked to come in at an earlier time. I asked if i would be paid for the extra time.
This highlighted that they had not read the signed contract that I had sent back tothem with the changes I had made.
After the first weeks work, they said that they wanted me to leave as I am not allowed to change the contract.
I emailed them and advised that I was available and willing to complete the twoweek job.
They didnot respond.
I have invoiced them for the full two weeks wages
They say they will only pay me for the first week and only if i sign and return a copy of the original contract.
Am I within my rights to ask for the full two weeks wages? Am I within my rights to have cosidered that them accepting me on the job as acceptance of the changes on the contract?
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Did they sign the contract after you had made the revisals? If not, there is no consensus and therefore no contract. That means you are entitled to received a reasonable rate for the work actually carried out for the first week.