29905560

I work in a supermarket at the tills I was searched by a supervisor

Customer Question

I work in a supermarket at the tills I was searched by a supervisor the store manager and deputy store manager I thought it was just a routine thing but only one other person was then yesterday the deputy store manager said she needs to speak to me as my till has been down £50 two days other people have been on that till each day after me i feel i am being targeted i am a very honest person
Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. I will try and help you with this.

How long have you worked there? Did you agree to being searched? How many times has this happened?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have worked there six years I left my till to go for my break and opened the door to the warehouse and they were standing there they said this is a stop and search empty your pockets I had to empty all my pockets lift up my collar and take off my shoes they did one other person but I feel they only did that to make it look like that hadn't targeted me

they carry out pocket searches randomly never ask your consent I suppose if you refuse it makes you look quilty

I have a meeting later to discuss the till being down I will ask if every one else who used the till is being searched and having a meeting

what if they give me a disciplinary for this even if there is no evidence I took the money what r my rights

Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.
OK, I understand.

Is there anything in your contract or staff handbook about random searches?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will look it up

Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.
OK, please update me when you've checked.