29905560

in a mediation meeting the judge mediator does he/she decides

Customer Question

in a mediation meeting the judge mediator does he/she decides the fair amounts?
Is the amount reduced from what I claim decided by the percentage of the possibility of winning the case?
What are the indicators or reducing the amount of the offer?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

The mediator will not decide quantum and liability. The mediator is there to help the two parties negotiate a settlement.

Are you expecting the mediator to make recommendations?

AJ
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I was expecting the Mediator to state no I have asked too much or tell the Respondent that is too little compensation according to law of compensation etc. etc.

I.e. mediate.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So I do not understand I have put the claim, and it comes to £154000. I understand that some cases have been awarded £60000. But there are a lot of losses, Hurt feeling, Psychiatric hurt etc. etc. etc.

So even though I know that every single item I have claimed is in the moderate claim bracket it is quite high in reference to the cases awarded.

So I would expect to get the barrister to offer £1000 to say I have only 50 50 chance to win and I have already received E-mail that I will not win.

therefore I am kindly asking the same question again

Expert:  WendyW-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

Wendy