29905560

I have a member of staff who has been off work sick for 7

Customer Question

I have a member of staff who has been off work sick for 7 months. She was off work 5 months before this for another 6 months. She has had a diagnosis of Bi Polar disorder!!
She returned to work for 1 day in January but we sent her home as she was clearly still very unwell. She is no longer receiving SSP and is not a financial burden to our business. Prior to the onset of her condition she was a reliable member of our team.
We are a Childrens day Nursery and her job involves working directly with a very young vulnerable age group. We dont believe that she will ultimately return as an effective member of staff, nor do we see a way of reducing the very obvious high level of responsibility her job entails.I would like to know if we had grounds for dismissal. This action does not sit well with us but we need to move forward.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to be able to assist with your question today. Please let me know if you can help her in any way or if ther are any positions that will not involve such a direct contact with the children?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Ben

Unfortunately I have already requested a refund of my deposit. I waited for 1hr 30mins without any response.

In answer to your question, I have already outlined the help we could give her in the above statement. And no, it would be impossible to give her a role that doesn,t involve contact with children. We are a busy Day Nursery and each employee is DIRECTLY responsible for a set number of children for the duration of their shift.

Michael

Ok if you need further help you can re-post your question for my attention thanks