29905560

I have had a claim of harassment upheld against me from my

Customer Question

I have had a claim of harassment upheld against me from my employer stating that I sat at a colleague's desk whilst she was not in the office. My employer has a desk hopping policy in any event plus I have not been furnished with any dates of alleged incidents and I have had no disclosure of the complainant's grievance and any supporting witness statements.
Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to be able to assist with your question today. Please let me know what is your query about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
For Ben Jones only. What additional information do you require?
What is your specific query in relation to your situation please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
For Ben Jones only.
Is it a legal requirement to supply me with dates of alleged incidents?
Have you been formally disciplined and taken through a formal disciplinary hearing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
For Ben Jones only
No I haven't been to a formal hearing as the matter is to be dealt with during supervision with my manager
There is nothing specific in law that states dates of alleged incidents must be supplied. If this was going to a formal disciplinary then you would have had the right to be given full details of an allegations against you and that would have included dates and details of these incidents. However this is not a formal disciplinary matter and it is just being dealt with by the employer internally. As such while you can request details with dates,nthe employer's not legally required to disclose these. Nevertheless if you have been tried and suffer repercussions as a result of this, natural justice would require that you are given the chance to defend yourself and this would include being given details of any allegations against you.