29905560

Good afternoon, I have been dismissed after 8years in various

Customer Question

Good afternoon,

I have been dismissed after 8years in various positions in the company for reasons I find not sufficient enough to be dismissed and specially not as a gross misconduct. I would like to prepare an appeal with advice from professional in such cases, whom should I contact?

Thank you in advance,
Marjut
Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to be able to assist with your question today. Please let me know what were the reasons you were dismissed for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was dismissed as a gross misconduct for negligence, namely failure to complete staff rota, failure in holidays within company deadlines and lack of handover with your deputies (new in role) and managers covering - the reason given in the dismissal letter - The reason why I have come to my decision is that I believe that not planning ahead rotas and holidays and putting a new deputy manager in a difficult situation did have a detrimential impact on the business such as; insufficient cover in the store, staff concerns in relation to the lack of organisation in terms of rota and holiday, extra pressure for all staff and security of the store at risk due to the lack of cover

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My role is general manager of a store and I feel I can agree I could have done better in all 3 named things but I have not intentionally neglected my position, neither I have left the store without handover

Thank you, and what exactly do you wish to know from me?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I would like to write an appeal to the decision with a help of someone who has expertise in this as I don't feel I have been neglecting my position to be dismissed as gross misconduct, I can agree to all 3 points to have been able to do better but not that I would have abused my position

ok we cannot actually write an appeal for you but can certainly look at anything you have prepared yourself. Apart from that your options really are as follows:
- engage a solicitor formally to help you, although these costs are rather high, especially considering this is just an internal appeal. A solicitor would usually be engaged if you were considering taking legal action
- seek free advice from places like Citizens Advice Bureau, although what they can offer will be limited
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you, I will consider those options and find out how the citizens advice bureau would be able to help me and see if I will be needing more advice with my appeal when I have prepared it

ok no problem you can get back to me personally if you need further assistance