29905560

can you leave your workplace during your hour lunch break

Customer Question

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to be able to assist with your question today. The law on rest breaks is as follows: workers have the right to take an uninterrupted 20-minute rest break, away from the workstation, if their day's working time is more than six hours long. So you are already getting the minimum time allowed by getting a hour for lunch. Workers can be required to remain in or about their workplace (but not at their workstation) whilst taking a rest break, provided that they are not still having to perform any duties. So it is possible for your employer to ask you to remain on the premises as long as it is away from your workstation and you are not doing any work at that time.

Please take a second to leave a positive rating as that is a very important part of our process. Your question will not close and I can continue providing further advice if necessary. Thank you