29905560

recently applied for a job as team leader - a promotion with

Customer Question

recently applied for a job as team leader - a promotion with added responsibility and pressure. The job application asked what salary I was looking for. The salary range for the job went up to £19000. My current salary is £15704 so I went for £18000. I was given the job but have now been informed that it does not come with a pay rise. Is my employer obliged to pay me what I asked for as I was never told that I would be on the same salary and had I known, I would ever have accepted the promotion. Also am I able to tell the that I do not want the position if it means more work for the same meagre salary

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Before proceeding please note that as I am a practising solicitor, I am often in and out of meetings, travelling between clients or even at court when I pick your question up. This may even occur at weekends. Therefore, I apologise in advance but there may be a delay in getting back to you and providing my advice. Please be patient and I will respond as soon as I can. You do not have to wait here and you will receive an email when I have responded. For now please let me know how long you have worked there.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

please forgive my ignorance but I don't quite understand this. What exactly is your answer? Why has our chat ended? Is that what I have just paid £22 for?

Hi, I was still awaiting your answer to my initial query above - how long you have worked there for? Once I have that information I will be able to proceed with my advice. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have worked for Nat West since 1990. I am a member of the Unite Union and despite them debiting my account every month with my Union Fees, they have been unable to trace me.

When you asked for the salary did the employer agree to it or was anything about it said?