29905560

Hi Im preparing for a staged employment tribunal in which I

Customer Question

Hi Im preparing for a staged employment tribunal in which I must plead that my client has been unfairly dismissed for gross misconduct.I have done most of the research, I just need help on finding relevant cases to the scenario I am dealing with.
Here is the scenario:
You and your friend have worked in a local factory for the past 10 years. It is your friend’s birthday and you both go to the pub at lunchtime to celebrate. You have several drinks and something to eat. Unfortunately you are over an hour late back to work.
The supervisor is livid with you both and starts screaming and shouting at the pair of you in the middle of the production room where everyone can hear what is going on. He calls you both idiots and proceeds to verbally abuse you both. Your friend tells the supervisor several times to shut up and talk to you both in a proper manner. After several minutes of ranting and raving your supervisor pushes both of you in the chest and tells you to get back to work. Your friend tells the supervisor to get his hands off him or he will 'punch his lights out'. The supervisor pushes him again and your friend punches him in the mouth and knocks him out. An ambulance is called and he is taken to hospital suffering from concussion, but makes a full recovery.

You are both sacked immediately for gross misconduct.

Can you possibly help me find relevant cases and any other information I may need?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. For now please let me know how long you have worked there.l