29905560

I have worked at my current location since 3 April 2012 I have

Customer Question

I have worked at my current location since 3 April 2012 I have been full time but with no written contract. Am I entitled to paid holiday leave

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Before proceeding please note that as I am a practising solicitor, I am often in and out of meetings, travelling between clients or even at court when I pick your question up. This may even occur at weekends. Therefore, I apologise in advance but there may be a delay in getting back to you and providing my advice. Please be patient and I will respond as soon as I can. You do not have to wait here and you will receive an email when I have responded. For now please let me know why you do not have a contract.

JACUSTOMER-ec6myp1o- :

I worked for a company and was made redundant at the end of March 2012. The Director I now work for was my ex-employer who had left the company I had worked for in around 2010 . I contacted him to let him know what had happened and he invited me to join him at his 'new' company on a casual basis

Ben Jones :

Thanks for your patience. regardless of whether you have a contract or not, if you are an employee then by law you are entitled to paid holiday leave. The minimum entitlement for a full time employee working 5 days a week is 28 days (5.6 weeks) of holidays a year. This entitlement can include all bank holidays during the year. More information and confirmation here:

https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights/entitlement

Ben Jones :

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating - your question will not close and I can continue providing further advice if necessary. Thank you