29905560

RESTRICTIVE COVENANTS ZERO HOURS CONTRACT - I work as a personal

Customer Question

RESTRICTIVE COVENANTS ZERO HOURS CONTRACT - I work as a personal trainer in a gym on a zero hours contract, I have recently been the subject of a disciplinary investigation and am waiting on the outcome of the disciplinary meeting I had last week. I have been told that I could lose my job or get a final written warning because outside of the gym I do some online coaching in my own name and also I did a bootcamp class. Neither of these is something my employer offers although it is within the same industry. I have been told I am in violate of my restrictive covenants - but an confused given that I don't have any guaranteed income given than it is a zero hours contract. Where do I stand? I've been employed for 18 months since November 2011.
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
What matters here is the exact terms of the restrictive covenant clause in your contract and whether it is reasonable in the contact of your employment as a whole.

Please let me know precisely what the restrictive covenant clauses say.