Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I would like your advise on a grievance matter which I have

Customer Question

I would like your advise on a grievance matter which I have just come back from with my employer LCC the matter was concerning my writing a witness Statement concerning a elderly client who had made a complaint against two carers.Due to this some members of staff became unpleasant to me .I Felt my line manager did not support me and i believe she had made things harder for me I ended up on the sick with stress and high blood pressure .After a case review with area manager she informed me she had sent a letter to all staff explaining the policy on code of conduct and had a word with the staff members who had said things to me .I told her due to why staff had behaved the why they did because of the Statement i written was not sending a good message to others who might in the future have to write and this should be a worry so I just felt this was not good enough so I wrote a grievance letter.I was not prepared for what happened at the meeting i felt every thing i said was wrong i felt i was being undermined in every thing i told him my union man said he was just doing his job but it was so upsetting i think it could have been handed a lot better i was not surprised when he informed me he was not excepting my grievance i would like your advise on should I appeal or let it go .Thank you Mary Hare

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
Before proceeding please note that as I am a practising solicitor, I am often in and out of meetings, travelling between clients or even at court when I pick your question up. This may even occur at weekends. Therefore, I apologise in advance but there may be a delay in getting back to you and providing my advice. Please be patient and I will respond as soon as I can. You do not have to wait here and you will receive an email when I have responded. For now please let me know how long you have worked there.

JACUSTOMER-wi2zpx9z- :

since November 1994

Dear Mary thank you for your patience. I can see that in some ways you believe the employer has not handled the grievance inhale way you would have expected them to and as such believe hat the outcome was affected. If that is the case then you are entirety within your rights to appeal the decision and you have nothing to lose in doing so. The outcome of a grievance can be appealed whether you believe you have been treated unfairly, the wrong procedure followed or simply that you do not agree with the outcome. It will then go to a new person who would look at the case with a fresh pair of eyes and decide whether your appeal has any merits.

I suggest that you make a list of the issues which you were unhappy with and use these to construct your appeal. You certainly do not need to writer a novel but just provide enough information to make it clear why you disagree with the original decision and what you believe the employer could have done better. As mentioned, you have nothing to lose by appealing and you would simply be applying your legal rights if you do so.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, you may compensate the Expert by rating their answer as satisfactory; however, if you still need help with your question, please feel free reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.