29905560

I have worked for a company of dry cleaners for 15 yrs and

Customer Question

I have worked for a company of dry cleaners for 15 yrs and haven't been happy for some time, so when the opportunity arose for me to be my own boss in my own dry cleaning shop I took it. the only thing is its in the same street as my employers, I have given 4 wks notice of which I have used 2 on holiday, I would like to finish before my notice ends as my new business needs me, where do I stand if I finish before my notice ends and if my employer finds out my plans can he do anything about it. thankyou Liz pps I don't intend on opening my new shop until my notice to my employer is up.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

Why is 2 weeks so important all of a sudden? It didnt seem important while you were on holiday.

What does yr contract say about working for a competing firm?

I am offline shortly until later today