29905560

My husband has recently lost a constructive dismissal/protected

My husband has recently lost a constructive dismissal/protected disclosure employment tribunal. One of the witnesses for his ex-employers, a senior director and stepson of the family business owner (£1 billion turnover) is married to the High Sheriff.
I would like to know if this should have been disclosed as a conflict of interest?
Is it likely that a Judge/panel would find against a company/director whose wife is head of the judiciary in the local area?
Surely they would have been biased?
I am recovering from breast cancer, we have a severely disabled autistic son as well as my mother 84,who I part care for in a wheelchair after a severe stroke, and yet they have now put in a cost application to persecute us.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
Before proceeding please note that as I am a practising solicitor, I am often in and out of meetings, travelling between clients or even at court when I pick your question up. This may even occur at weekends. Therefore, I apologise in advance but there may be a delay in getting back to you and providing my advice. Please be patient and I will respond as soon as I can. You do not have to wait here and you will receive an email when I have responded. For now please let me know how long he has worked there.

Customer:

My husband worked there for 11 years. He left in February 2011. It has taken 2 years to be heard at the tribunal.

Ben Jones :

This is unlikely to amount to a conflict of interest as it is too remote in the circumstances and there is no direct impact, which a conflict of interest would normally cover. The witness would have a duty to tell the truth as they would have been giving evidence under oath and as such their connection with the High Sherriff, who has nothing to do with this case, would not really be relevant. The judge/panel would have a duty to act impartially and as far as they are concerned this relation should not come into their deliberations.

Customer:

Thank You

Ben Jones :

You are welcome

Customer:

I would like to rate now.

Ben Jones : Are you not able to do so? If you can't then you can simply type your rating on here thanks
Customer:

Excellent Service Thank you

Ben Jones : Thank you all the best