Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
11292137

I leased a Renault Traffic through a leasing company, the finance

I leased a Renault Traffic through a leasing company, the finance agreement was with the Bank of Scotland. 2 years into the agreement I was advised the finance was transferring to Blackhorse, no need to do anything as my payments would remain the same. By the time my four year lease expired it had transfered to another company Lex Autolease. They have billed me for £581 as payment for end of contrat repairs to the van. Do I need to pay them anything as I have no written agreement with them, the only contract I singed was at the very beginning, Lex Autos are three companies later and I didn't agree to be transferred to them and never singed anything with them.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Forget which co is asking for now. Do you agree that the repairs need doing?

If the repairs do indeed need doing and it is a condition of end of lease, the facst that the contract has been assigned/taken over/bought out by another co is immaterial.

If you want to be awkward you can ask for copies of the chain of agreements whereby this co took over from the previous co but if they sue you for this, you will lose. Sorry

I appreciate that this isn’t the answer that you wanted but there is no point in me misleading you.

Does that answer the question?

Can I help further?

Please don't forget to positively rate my answer service (even if it was not what you want to hear).
If you don't rate it positively, then the site keep your deposit and I get 0 for my time. It is imperative that you give my answer a positive rating. I
t doesn’t give me, “a pat on the head”, “good boy” (like ebay), it is my livelihood!
If in ratings you feel that you expected more or it only helped a little, please ask.

I am on and offline all day so please bear with me.