29905560

I have just experienced a highly stressful incident in work.

Customer Question

I have just experienced a highly stressful incident in work. I have not been paid for the month of May and my employer has been asking for deductions from my salary for something that wasn't my fault. I have read my legal rights but believe my employers have not followed the proper procedures for allowing deductions which I understand are not allowed above fifty pounds. I have not received any payment yet and keep being told by my employer that my money will go in. I have been able to arrange a loan to cover my financial commitments but am concerned that the longer the situation goes on without resolution, the more money and interest I will have to borrow. I would really appreciate some kind of advice as I have tried to resolve the situation amicably and have been attending work, but the situation at the moment remains unresolved. Thanks.
Expert:  taratill replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer, what reason does the employer give for making the deductions.