29905560

I work for an NHS Trust. They are reducing their workforce.

Customer Question

I work for an NHS Trust. They are reducing their workforce. I am a band 8c consultant psychotherapist and I am one of 11 band 8c psychologists/psychotherapists who are being invited to apply for only 4 8c posts that will remain after the reorganisation. However, in my opinion, these 4 posts are not suitable alternative jobs for me as I work as a specialist group psychotherapist and the 4 posts are clinical management jobs. We are told that if we refuse or choose to not apply for these 4 posts, our redundancy rights may be at risk. Is this correct in law. I thought that employees at risk of redundancy had to be offered suitable alternative employment.
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer, are the two roles at the same level of skill, salary and perceived status and if not what are the differences?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The 4 jobs that are left that we are being asked to apply for are at the same level, 8c.

Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
Hello if it is the same level why exactly do you say it is not suitable?