13262538

Have I a right to back pension from my employer from the time

Have I a right to back pension from my employer from the time I started work to when they allowed me to join their pension scheme?
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
Are you referring to the new workplace pension scheme?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Claire

No. I started work in 1988. There was a scheme running but I was not allowed to join it. My job or hours have not changed but in 2000 I was given the option to join which I did. My employer also makes a contrition.

My question is can I make a claim that I should have been allowed to join from the beginning and, if so, can I claim anything.

Janet

Why were you not allowed to join and was there a change in the rules in 2000?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I work at a school and in 1988 the pension was for teaching staff only.

I do not know what happened in 2000 I was just asked if I wanted to join.

In that case no I am afraid that you cannot ask for compensation for the back years - and could not have done even at the time that it happened.
There was simply a change in the rules that benefited you.
If you have any doubts then you should ask to see the rules so that you understand what changed.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Claire
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.