29905560

I am being accused of racism and unfair treatment due to skin

Customer Question

I am being accused of racism and unfair treatment due to skin colour by a sikh person (i am also brown) after a mistake was over comission payments. The two year relationship displays many instances where we accommodated him ie a loan of £13,55, replacement POA on my will, accommodated him working from home due to preganancy of his wife, and hours, aslo he was negotiating with me on becoming a partner/director. WHen I withdrew from these negotiations in Dec 12, he was disgruntled and in 2013 was trying to find excuses to make claims. He made a compalint on 18th June when it was first time we had heard of any type of issue and he submitted a 45 page rambling document trying to claim how the comission non payment was racist.
We followed the grieviance procedure and we paid the comissioms after which the employee resigned. He is now pursuing a tribunal claim.

The company is now suffering and I have to make a decision to either make staff redundant or go into administration. Will i be personally liable for the claim(i am a director of a limited co) - how can a claim from the emplotyee be avoided legally
What are the average sorts of payments in these types of cases - we are a small co employing 11 people in a recessionary market.

I also fear that if i make staff redundant or go into admin, the employees may well club together as the employee making the claim is very good with his words. Can a COT3 or settlement agreement be used with their redundancy?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What specific claim has he made? Who is the respondent - the company alone or have you been mentioned personally as a respondent?

JACUSTOMER-7mqkwacl- :

he

Ben Jones :

I do not appear to have received your reply, can only see you have written "he" - please try again, thanks