29905560

I am currently working in Afghanistan and the company I work

Customer Question

I am currently working in Afghanistan and the company I work for has recently had a break in, a sum of money had been stolen from an office safe.

I have been asked tonight to have my fingerprints taken by the corporate and legal team, I complied as I have nothing to hide but I just wondered if they had the legal right to do this?

I am also concerned that the information taken will be analysed correctly as it would be in the UK by trained police/forensic personnel.

I asked the Corporate and Legal team the above question and they are apparently operating under Swiss law and have the right to ask for my finger prints as part of their investigation.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

What would you specifically like to know about this?
who actually took the fingerprints?
did they tell you that you had no option but to do this?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.