How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

An Employee left us without giving notice but owing us £661.13

Customer Question

An Employee left us without giving notice but owing us £661.13 in hours and overtaken holiday (works an annualised hours system)
After a couple of attempts requesting payment of the monies even if needs be on a satisfactory payment term (would not expect lower than £100.00 per month).
However the said employee has gone to Citizens Advice and we have been informed that they can only pay £20 per month, taking almost 3 years to pay off the debt.
This is not an acceptable offer, how can I pursue it.

Thank you
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

AlexWatts2013 :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

AlexWatts2013 :

Does the employee own a property or have any other assets?