29905560

In a few weeks time I shall be representing my grandson at

Customer Question

In a few weeks time I shall be representing my grandson at an Industrial Tribunal as the claimant.

The Respondent's solicitors have sent us an index of relevant documents to which they may refer at the Tribunal. I have seen only about half the number of documents listed.

Could you confirm whether we are entitled to copies of all the documents they hold.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. At what stage is the claim presently?

JACUSTOMER-km8qmp77- :

The claim is at the early stages both parties having submitted initial documents to the tribunal and presented the basic of the case and the response. The claimant (us) is claiming lost wages and compensation and the respondents have stated that dismissal was justified and denying any liability.

JACUSTOMER-km8qmp77- :

For Ben Jones. Something wrong with the system, Ben. It says you have answered but nothing comes up. Would be grateful if you would repeat your answer.

JACUSTOMER-km8qmp77- :

For Ben Jones. Something wrong with the system Ben. I clicked for the answer but nothing came up. Would you repeat the answer please. Harry

Ben Jones :

Hello, sorry it appears there were technical difficulties earlier. In tribunal proceedings the parties would usual follow a set process, which is frequently backed up by directions issued by the tribunal. So for example at the beginning of the process the tribunal usually issues a set of directions, which states what must be done and by what date. One of the steps of the process is the disclosure of relevant documents where each party provides a list of documents relevant to the case which are in their possession and in turn the other party can ask for copies of these documents which it wants to examine.

If you have been given a list of documents and you want to see copies of some of these then all you have to do is write to the other party and state which specific documents you want them to send you copies of. The respondent should send you these copies for you to have a look at and if you have documents in your possession which they have not seen then they can make the same request if necessary.

Ben Jones :

I hope this has answered your query and would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating - your question will not close and I can continue providing further advice if necessary. Thank you