29905560

My employers (husband & wife)in an estate agency gave the market

Customer Question

My employers (husband & wife)in an estate agency gave the market appraisal part of my job to a colleague on my day off & told me the next day. I was poached from another agency by the previous owner around 5 years ago. Now the male owner has said that I cannot have anyone drop in to say hello or arrange to meet as we are not a 'drop in centre' & it wouldn't be so bad but its literally once in a blue moon whilst all of their families come in virtually every day & did so (unknown to the previous owner)when they were only employees. Also my 86 yr old mother has been in a hospital nearest to my brother for over a month & I know my boss doesn't like it when I take a call from him re her health but because of work he has to visit at night and it is really late when he gets home. Word travels fast in the small area where I work and many of these banned people have recommended me to sell their house and I know this will stop now. My bosses have cut their selling fees to a ridiculous level without telling me and my earnings have gone down. I live in fear that a past client will come in and my boss will be ranting at me again I have been in the business for 26 yrs & have never known anything like it. I recently came in on my day off beacause of an emergency in his family & I was recently told I could not book a weeks holiday in October as they were waiting for flight prices to come down so that they could go but would only know at the last minute. I will always change my day off if they ask me. Now they leave me working on a Saturday covering sales (my job) & lettings (their job) from 9am till 4pm without a break. One of the ladies I have had to tell not to come in actually works for a surveyor who we use & she has recovered from cancer twice. I feel so evil telling them to not come in & I feel that they may think it is really me using my boss as an excuse as I have been reclusive lately, unable to sleep & crying when I get home because of this stress.

Ben Jones : Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What are your specific questions about this?
Ben Jones :

Hello not sure if you have seen my initial query above - can you please clarify the specific questions you have about your situation, thanks