29905560

Hi! I am Felix Viegas joined Royal Mail on 26th June 2012 before

Customer Question

Hi! I am Felix Viegas joined Royal Mail on 26th June 2012 before employed Manpower Agency worked in Royal Mail on Sep. 26th 2011. We got the Contract in Royal Mail and hours 20th.that is Monday 12th hours and Saturday 8th hours only. After six month royal we got 32th hours and last week few got 16th hours and some got 40th hours. I went to ask H.R. office i was working for 32th hours and know 16th hours some got 40th hours what is this? he reply, If you want to work work other wise you REIGNED the Job. I was shocked when he said this word. went to union and told my problem the union said i cannot do nothing. so please help me and my friends.
Expert:  cityguru replied 3 years ago.
Hi thanks for your question. can you please clarify a little. You are saying you worked for an agency and then joined Royal Mail as a direct employee in June 2012.

Are you saying that your hours have been changed? That your contract was for 20 hours a week and that has been varied s that for some time you worked 32 hours a week and now you are only being offered 16 hours a week whilst others are being given 40 hours a week ?

If that is correct can you confirm exactly what your contract says about your woking hours?