29905560

I have been employed by my University for 20 years and have

Customer Question

I have been employed by my University for 20 years and have an on-going contract with them. The Department I work in is not funded by the University but by the Governement, however this funding will come to an end at the End of September and be located to another University. The new people who have won the contract have offered to TUPE me across to them, however it is quite far from the location I am working in at the moment, although it would be nearer my home. If I refuse to be TUPED across my University says that I would then effectively be resigning. Do I not have rights to either be offered a redundancy package or at least be put on the re-deployment list to find alternative employment within my own University? There is only 4 weeks to go before this TUPE is supposed to take place and as yet we have not been told what are jobs will be, where exactly we will be based and we have had nothing formal in writing asking if we want to TUPE across.

Sorry if I sound as though I am babbling but I just feel 20 years service is a long time not to have gained any rights.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Is your job definitely being taken over or will it remain with the current employer?

JACUSTOMER-a3dv504q- :

It is definitely being taken over.

Ben Jones :

Why do you not wish to transfer over?

Ben Jones :

I am due in some meetings this afternoon so if you could please get back to me at your convenience, I will provide my advice later today - you will get an email when I have responded, thank you

Hello not sure if you saw my last query above but can you please clarify why would you not be happy to transfer over?