cityguru
cityguru, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior lawyer with 30 years experience
18726264

I have been served my redundancy notice and due to finish on

Customer Question

I have been served my redundancy notice and due to finish on 27th Sept. I think they are now going to retract the redundancy. Can they do this or can I still take my redundancy
Expert:  cityguru replied 3 years ago.
Have you been served notice of termination of your employment or have they simply served you with notice that you are at risk of redundancy subject to consultation etc.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I have been served my notice I was put at risk on the 26 April then served my notice in my 3 consultation on 16 Julu
Expert:  cityguru replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the clear response. In that case no they cannot withdraw the notice without your consent. The second notice terminates your employment by reason of redundancy and they cannot reinstate it unless you agree. You could for example have taken a new role starting on the 28th September and be bound by a new contract. Once notice of termination of a contract of employment is given by either side it can only be withdrawn by consent.